According to Money’s latest Best Places to Retire list
Roseville, Calif.- The abundance of shopping choices, outdoor recreational opportunities, great weather, and proximity to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, wineries and San Francisco are all mentioned by Money.com as reasons for the ranking. To pick the retirement destinations Money put the greatest weight on quality of life factors (like weather and percentage of residents age 50 or above), cost of living, health and safety amenities and the housing market.
When making its list, Money looked only at places with populations above 50,000 and eliminated any location that had more than double the national crime risk, less than 85% of its state’s median household income or a lack of racial diversity.
Money collected about 47,500 different data points to narrow the list, and filtered out locations with a median sales price above $550,000 in the first quarter of 2020. They considered data on each place’s housing market, economic health, cost of living, quality of life, mental and physical health factors, diversity and amenities.
Population 50-plus: 36.2%
Days of sunshine a year: 265
Median home price: $461,000
Roseville was also recently named the 27th most livable mid-sized city in the United States by SmartAsset.com and the only California city named by Money.com as one of the best places to live in the United States.
Top 10 Places to Retire (according to Money.com)
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Largo, Florida
- Lower Merion, Pennsylvania
- Franklin, Tennessee
- Boise, Idaho
- Lakewood, Colorado
- Asheville, North Carolina
- Bridgewater, New Jersey
- Roseville, California
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Roseville Ranked Among Best Places to Live
- Roseville Ranked 9th Best City to Retire in the United States
- Roseville Ranked 14th Nationally for Young Homebuyers
- FEMA Recognizes Roseville as “Best in the Nation”
- Roseville Ranked 5th Best in Nation to Work at Home
- Top 5 Reasons We Love Roseville
- Entrepreneur Business Accelerator and Incubator
- Has Downtown Roseville Finally Arrived?