Auburn, CA, – Update on the Robbers Fire for Sunday July 15, 2012 provided by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
At press time, the fire is considered 20% contained with 2,250 acres burned. Nearly 2,000 personnel are battling the blaze at this time. Sunday’s forecast calls for high temperatures in the low 90’s with dry conditions. Firefighters should get a break on the weather over the next few days as temperatures should be cooler than normal.
Robbers Fire Incident Information:
- Last Updated: July 15, 2012 7:20 am
- Date/Time Started: July 11, 2012 3:25 pm
- Administrative Unit: CAL FIRE Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit
- Location: Shirt Tail Canyon Rd and Yankee Jims Rd, northwest of Foresthill
- Acres Burned: 2,250 acres
- Containment 2,250 acres – 20% contained
- Structures Destroyed: 1 residence & 3 outbuildings
- Threatened: 170 residences
Evacuations remain in effect for homes off Yankee Jims Canyon & Shirttail Canyon area, as well as parts of Iowa Hill.
The following streets are evacuated: Just Rd., Big Dipper Rd., Glory Mound Rd., Kings Hill Rd., Brushy Bear Rd., Brushy Creek Ln., Macy Creek, Adelin, Blind Doe, Mountain Lion, Spring Garden Rd, Log Cabin Ln, Pine Mountain Rd, Small Hope Mine Ln, Owl Creek Rd and parts of Shirttail Canyon
- Injuries: 11
- Cause: Under Investigation
- Cooperating Agencies: CAL FIRE, local numerous fire agencies, Placer County Sheriff, CHP, CalEMA, Placer County OES, BLM, CDCR
- Total Fire Personnel: 1,952 personnel
- Engines: 170 engines
- Fire crews: 59 crews
- Airtankers: 2 air tankers
- Helicopters: 15 helicopter
- Dozers: 36 bulldozers
- Water tenders: 20 water tenders
Conditions: Fire continues to spread on the East and North sides of the fire threatening Brushy Creek Subdivision, Haynes Mine, and Kings Hill. Resources are assigned to structure defense in the threatened areas.
The Red Cross moved the Evacuation Center to the Foresthill High School Gym.
Animal Shelter is located at the Pleasant Street entrance of the Gold Country Fairgrounds
Road Closures: Just Rd., Big Dipper Rd., Glory Mound Rd., Kings Hill Rd., Brushy Bear Rd., Brushy Creek Rd., Shirt Tail Canyon Rd.
Phone Numbers (530) 823-4083 (Robbers Fire Information Line)
We have NO AFFILIATION with print, politics or corporate media.
(20+ Years Strong!)