Experts to provide landscape advice March 25th
Folsom, Calif. – Learn how to care for your landscape and trees while reducing your water use at the Folsom Landscape Fest on Saturday, March 25.
The free, family-friendly event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Mangini Ranch Elementary School, 4640 Sparrow Drive, Folsom. The event will feature exhibits and demonstrations, free resources and giveaways, and family-friendly activities.
Folsom Landscape Festival
- Learn from experts about efficient irrigation practices, landscape design, tree care, water wise plants, city water rebates, green waste recycling, and more.
- City water conservation specialists will provide demonstrations and information about water-efficient technologies such as weather-based irrigation controllers, moisture sensors, and drip irrigation systems.
- The City of Folsom Waste & Recycling team will provide free kitchen pails for collecting food scraps and have an interactive sorting activity to help residents learn how to properly sort their waste.
- The Sacramento Tree Foundation will offer tree care tips, master gardeners will be on location to answer questions, and Green Acres Nursery & Supply will host an informational booth.
- Meet with city officials and public safety personnel.
- Free compost and wood chips will be available nearby at the future Prospector Park park site at 4578 Sparrow Drive. Piles are self-serve and require residents to bring their own shovels and containers to load and transport compost and mulch.
Families are encouraged to bring their children to the festival; games and activities will be available. The Mr. Leaky mascot will makes special appearances, and the Folsom Public Library will host an activity booth for children and offer story times at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Participants may take part in raffles throughout the event. Attendees may purchase food, beverages, or treats from food trucks.
For more information about the event, contact the City of Folsom at [email protected] or 916-461-6013.