Businesses to amend operations
Irvine, CA- Effective Sunday, March 14, Irvine and Orange County will move into the Red Tier in the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. This change is a result of an adjustment to the Blueprint allowances which have been amended after the state administered 2 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to residents in California’s hardest hit communities.
In the Red Tier, the following businesses will be amended as follows:
- Retail: Indoors at 50% capacity, up from 25%.
- Shopping Centers: Indoors at 50% capacity, up from 25%. Common areas remain closed. Food courts can open at reduced capacity.
- Museums, Zoos & Aquariums: Indoors at 25% capacity
- Movie theaters: Indoors at 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers: Indoors at 10% capacity
- Restaurants: Indoors at 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is fewer
- Wineries, Breweries, distilleries: Outdoors only with modifications beginning March 13
Irvine and State Info
In addition, indoor gatherings are strongly discouraged but are allowed with a maximum of three households.
You can view a complete list of sector operations allowed in each tier(link is external) from the California Department of Public Health. Visit Irvine’s COVID-19 resource page for City facility updates, and other City-related information. For further details visit covid19.ca.gov.