Accident prone locations in Roseville this past year
Roseville, Calif.- Extra caution at intersections is always a wise idea. Roseville Police recently ranked the Top 10 Worst Intersections in Roseville over the preceding twelve month period.
Since the pandemic began, it appears driving skills and common sense have taken a back seat on local roadways. Motor vehicle accidents have been on the rise along with an almost “impossible to miss” increase in high speed driving, lane changing, swerving and overall lack of regard for others.
Top 10 Worst Intersections in Roseville
10. Pleasant Grove Blvd / Highland Pointe Drive
9. Cirby Way / Melody Lane
8. Douglas Blvd / Rocky Ridge
7. Galleria Blvd / Roseville Parkway
6. Orlando Ave./ Auburn Blvd
5. Douglas Blvd / Sunrise Ave
4. Pleasant Grove Blvd / Washington Blvd
3. Pleasant Grove Blvd / Highway 65 Overpass
2. Cirby Way / Riverside Ave
#1 Worst Intersection in Roseville
- Sunrise / Cirby Way
Intersection Crashes and Injuries
Factor in high volume traffic on surface streets, not enough lanes and mass merging and it’s easy to see how navigating parts of Roseville can present an extra challenge on the best of days.
According to the Federal Highway Administration, more than 50 percent of the combined total of fatal and injury crashes occur at or near intersections.