Tasting Rooms, New Dining and Bikeable Scavenger Hunt
NAPA, Calif., – The Downtown Napa experience is growing. The destination is filling up with unique tasting rooms and delicious culinary spots, as well as introducing a creative outdoor activity.
Here’s what’s new in Downtown Napa this fall:
Roseville Today locally sponsored ad
ad options on Roseville Today
New Tasting Rooms
- Be Bubbly recently opened its doors in Downtown Napa as the first and only dedicated Champagne and sparkling wine lounge and bottle shop within the entire Napa Valley. Be Bubbly hand-selects the best sparkling wines from both domestically and internationally to bring guests the most eclectic options.
- Quilt & Co. – New Downtown Napa tasting room provides visitors with an opportunity to learn about local wines that have been cherished across the world in a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere. Quilt & Co. also serves a thoughtful selection of seasonal nibbles from nearby restaurant Avow, known for their authentic California cuisine, to pair perfectly with the wines.
- Shadowbox – Possibly the smallest tasting room in the entire Napa Valley and one of Downtown Napa’s most unique new spots offers a tasting pairing known as ‘Salt & Acid’. The distinctive combination explores how well acid-driven wines pair with a variety of flavors using handcrafted, small-batch potato chips in a handful of unique flavors. Local Tip: This particular tasting is available by appointment only.
- California Brandy House – Napa is more than just wine. Recently opened California Brandy House is the first stand-alone tasting room dedicated solely to luxury California brandies. Guests will discover local labels through leading brandy portfolios, Germain-Robin and Argonaut, where they can partake in guided tasting flights, including limited offerings and single-barrel samples not available anywhere else.
Trendy Oxbow Public Market, anchoring the popular Oxbow District of Downtown Napa, welcomed two new vendors this fall.
- El Porteño offers savory and sweet empanadas, as well as alfajores, which are traditional sandwich cookies, joined together with house-made sweet fillings. Representing both the local food movement and the preservation of traditional cuisine, El Porteño’sempanadas fuse family recipes of generations past, using only the finest ingredients that are organic, always local and seasonal.
- Bar Lucia was created and designed by founders of the iconic Kara’s Cupcakes. Bar Lucia features a variety of local rosés, sparkling wines and a menu of seasonal light bites, all designed to pair perfectly with the wine selection. Many of the garden greens, herbs and stone fruits on the menu are grown in the owners’ Napa backyard.
To encourage travelers to get outdoors this fall and safely explore the best of wine country in one location, Downtown Napa kicked off a new initiative – the Bikes & Sights Scavenger Hunt.
With plenty of bike rental locations throughout downtown, as well as some lodging properties providing complimentary rentals, Downtown Napa is one of the best destinations to explore by bike. Visitors follow a list of clues to find various sights, take pictures and post on Instagram Stories for a chance to win a $100 gift card to a restaurant of their choice. Winners are selected weekly through Nov. 27.
For more information about Downtown Napa, including lodging, dining, wine tastings, shopping and things to do, as well as the full terms and conditions of the Bikes & Sights Scavenger Hunt, visit donapa.com.