Cabernet Season a Terrific Time to Visit Napa
Napa Valley, CA- When people ask us about the best time to visit Napa, our standard reply is “anytime!” Well, those privvy to deeper insights into the Napa Valley scene shared with us a few secrets to help snag better rates and secure reservations at some of the most sought after restaurants.
According to our sources, Cabernet Season, which lasts from November through April, is widely viewed as one of the best times to visit Napa Valley.
“A time to enjoy the cooler temps with bursts of color that follow on the heels of with the season’s rejuvenating precipitation.”
As the autumn weather begins to cool, the region slows to a more leisurely pace. Visitors can often score some of Napa’s famed lodging at a lower rate and securing restaurant reservations becomes less frenetic.
Over the past year, Napa Valley has seen the addition of new hotels, restaurants, along with about a dozen wine tasting rooms.
New Travel Ideas in Napa Valley
- The Francis House in Calistoga opened Aug. 31, 2018. Built in 1886. (More info)
- Vista Collina Resort and The Village at Vista Collina opened on July 1, 2018
- The Bungalows opened in Calistoga in May 2018
- The Ink House opened in St. Helena in February 2018.
- Archer Hotel Napa opened on Nov. 27, 2017.
- The Village Tasting Rooms at Vista Collina Resort
- Signorello Estate opened a temporary tasting space in July 2018
- K. LAZ opened at the CIA at Copia in July 2018
- Rebel Wines opened a tasting room on First St. in downtown Napa in May 2018.
- HALL and WALT Wines launched a new California Zinfandel brand.
- Burgess Cellars debuted its new tasting salon in St. Helena in February 2018.
- ASHES & DIAMONDS opened in November 2017 in Napa.
- The Culinary Institute of America at Copia began offering a variety of culinary offerings at the new CIA at Copia food hall.
- The Sky & Vine Rooftop BarSM opened at Archer Hotel Napa.
- The Ackerman Heritage House, a restored 1888 Queen Anne Victoria home
- Gran Electrica, the second outlet of the original in Brooklyn, NY
- Lovina (formerly Calistoga Kitchen) opened in Calistoga in March 2018.
- Charlie Palmer Steak at Archer Hotel.
While we think visiting Napa Valley anytime is pretty awesome, consider taking some time to explore Napa’s fine offerings during November through April.
The slower pace and money savings just might make it Best Time to Visit Napa Valley!
We have NO AFFILIATION with print, politics or corporate media.
(20+ Years Strong!)