Celebrate and spend time with loved ones
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA– As many people opted to stay home and forgo important milestones like weddings, anniversaries, or just celebrating life with a loved one this past year, Carmel-by-the-Sea is an ideal getaway to celebrate and spend time with loved ones.
The charming one-square-mile village caters to couples and has been consistently ranked as one of the most romantic destinations in the world due to its natural charm and fairytale-inspired architecture.
10 activities in Carmel-by-the-Sea
For the celebrations you may have missed last year!
- Stay in one of Carmel’s historic boutique inns. Nothing is more romantic than a private stay for two at a picturesque, seaside inn. The “Grande Dame of Carmel,” La Playa Carmel is an elegant historic hotel with a prime view of Carmel Beach, perfect for evenings spent gazing out at the sunset.
- Savor Carmel’s Culinary Delights with a Food Tour. Carmel-by-the-Sea is home to a diverse range of culinary delights known for their abundance of fresh produce and regional winemakers that supply its 50 full-service restaurants. In fact, the village has more restaurants per capita than any other small city in the U.S.
- Cruise Through Carmel-by-the-Sea on Wheels. Carmel is known for its walkability and pedestrian-friendly streets, but for those who wish to cover lots of ground in style, rent an e-bike from Mad Dogs & Englishmen and cruise along the Scenic Bluff Path above Carmel Beach and see more in one day than you could on foot.
- Discover Carmel’s Secret Passageways, Courtyards and Gardens. They are the village’s best-kept and most enchanting secrets. In fact, Carmel-by-the-Sea is home to 41 of them! It’s also a great way to explore the village’s old-world European-style architecture.
- Enjoy one of Carmel’s Many Wine Tasting Rooms. Gallivant from one wine tasting room to the next without having to worry about a driver. The one-square-mile village encompasses 17 wine tasting rooms, wine bars, and bottle shops.
- Fall in Love with Carmel’s Famous Fairytale Architecture. Many of us have dreamed of a storybook romance, but in Carmel-by-the-Sea, you can actually live it out! Take a Historic Walking Tour through the charming streets of Carmel and discover classic, European-style architecture that sets the mood for your Happily Ever After.
- Soak up the Sun, Sand and Surf at Carmel Beach. With beautiful white sand and crystal blue waves, Carmel Beach is the perfect backdrop for a romantic stroll along the pristine sand, or snuggle up to watch the sunset. If you’re looking for adventure, Carmel Beach is known for its pitch-perfect surfing conditions.
- Bring your Pooch for some Dog-Friendly Experiences. When it comes to four-legged travelers, Carmel treats them as VIPs! Take your furry companion to experience all that Carmel-by-the-Sea has to offer Man’s Best Friend. From sleepy mornings in a dog-friendly hotel, to fetch and swimming at Carmel Beach, to treats galore, there’s no reason that your pup can’t have as much fun as you do.
- Experience Carmel-by-the-Sea’s Artistic Tradition. Since its inception, Carmel-by-the-Sea has been renowned worldwide as a creative hub for artists, and that is still true today. Home to more than 100 art galleries, boutiques and studios, embark on a Carmel Art Tour through one of the most famous artist colonies in the nation.
- Relax and Luxuriate Together at the Spa. If the need to just get away from it all and be pampered is most tempting to you, book a blissful day at the spa together. Start off your relaxing vacation with a massage, facial, or scrub to set your mind and your body at ease.