Ski Resorts Hit with 7.5 Feet of Snow
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif./Nev.- Love is in the air as Tahoe South area ski resorts received a storm total of 6-7.5 feet the first weekend of February, with more forecast this weekend.
“To say we’re loving all the powder turns is an understatement – we’re over the moon right now,” said Carol Chaplin, president and CEO of the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority. “Tahoe looks stunning all dressed in white. And the outfit will still be looking good for Valentine’s Day and President’s Week.”
- Sweethearts can dance the night away under the stars on the Valentine’s Day Dinner Dance Cruise aboard the M.S. Dixie II, Feb. 14.
- Couples can compete racing through the snow with a tray of drinks trying not to spill a drop during the monthly Snowshoe Cocktail Races at Camp Richardson, Feb. 16.
- For music lovers it’s Dark Star Orchestra at Harrah’s, and Lifehouse at MontBleu, both on Feb. 17.
- Dinner and a magic or comedy show are on the menu at Magic Fusion for Valentine’s Day as well as throughout the winter.
- Things get steamy at Smoke and Mirrors Cabaret at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe, Fridays & Saturdays through March 30; and Harveys Cabaret stage heats up with IGNITE Saturdays through April 27.
For dining options, there’s romantic lakeview settings at Edgewood, Jimmy’s, Riva Grill, The Beacon; pre-fixe menus at award-wining casino steakhouses like Ciera Steak & Chop House at MontBleu; Friday’s Station atop the 18th floor at Harrah’s; the classic Sage Room at Harveys; and Park Prime at Hard Rock. Couples can have an intimate setting at Café Fiore, Evan’s, The Lake House, Scusa Italian Ristorante; fireside champagne/cocktails at Alpine Union, McP’s Taphouse, Azul Latin Kitchen or Gunbarrel; local breweries serve their own form of bubbly at South Lake Brewing Company, Cold Water Brewery, Lake Tahoe AleWorX and The Hangar.
For complete list of dining options, special menus and events visit www.tahoesouth.com/events.
In addition to the impressive snowpack at area ski resorts, there’s also a variety of non-ski options including Zephyr Cove Snowmobile Rides, sleigh rides, ice skating, snowshoes and XC-skiing at Camp Richardson Resort, along with sightseeing, tubing, Winter UTV tours, and Alpine Coaster at Heavenly.