Follows critical praise of The New Abnormal Album
Los Angeles, CA- The Strokes won their first GRAMMY Award at last night’s ceremony, for their album The New Abnormal in the Rock Album category.
The New Abnormal was recorded at Shangri-La Studios in Malibu and produced by Rick Rubin. The album’s cover artwork is a painting by Jean-Michel Basquiat, Bird on Money.
The Strokes are singer Julian Casablancas, guitarists Nick Valensi and Albert Hammond Jr, bassist Nikolai Fraiture and drummer Fabrizio Moretti.
The New Abnormal continues to receive critical praise:
- “One of their best”-NPR Music
- “Sounds better to me than almost anything else I’ve listened to this spring.”-New York Times
- “Their best since the glory days of the early ’00s.”-Rolling Stone
- “Stacked with rolling, streetwise grooves, boldly graffitied onto the chipped paintwork of New York City past”-The Independent
- “Bold comeback is their best in years… Up there with their best work while sounding boldly different from it.”-Evening Standard
- “The Strokes give us their second masterpiece”-The Times of London