Citywide Great American Cleanup April 24
Fresno, CA- Beautify Fresno is hoping to attract over 800 volunteers for recently announced the 12 projects and locations for its citywide Great American Cleanup taking place on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
Interested volunteers can find out more about each event and sign up by visiting https://www.beautifyfresno.org/great-american-cleanup/
NOW OPEN IN ROSEVILLE!
Beautify Fresno projects
- Downtown Fresno – co-hosted by the Downtown Fresno Partnership
The event will clean up the Brewery District downtown bordered by Tulare, G Street, Ventura and L Street and includes the area bordered by Ventura, Fulton, Santa Clara and L Street.
- Tower District – co-hosted by the Tower District Marketing Committee and Goldstein’s Mortuary & Delicatessen
The event will clean up the Tower District downtown centered around Olive Street and the surrounding business and residential streets between Echo and San Pablo.
- San Joaquin River at River West – co-hosted by the San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust
The event will clean up the River West area along the San Joaquin River and nearby ponds at the Spano River Ranch in North Fresno.
- Shaw Avenue Corridor – co-hosted by Support Northwest Fresno and Lifebridge Community Church
The event will clean up the Shaw Avenue Corridor – both north and south -between Golden State Parkway and West Avenue.
- Fort Miller area – co-hosted by Fresno Metro Ministry, the Better Blackstone Association, and the Fresno Community Health Improvement Partnership (FCHIP).
The event will clean up the streets and neighborhoods around Fort Miller Middle School between Blackstone and Wishon on the east and west between Dakota and Shields on the north and south.
- Kings Canyon/Clovis area – co-hosted by New Covenant Community Church
This event will clean up the lots next to and behind the Vons Supermarket and Dollar Tree in Southeast Fresno.
- Saint Rest Neighborhood area – co-hosted by Clinica Sierra Vista and Saint Rest Baptist Church
The event will clean up the streets and neighborhoods around Saint Rest Baptist church and do some touch-up work and weeding at the Saint Rest Community Plaza between S. Clara Ave. and Elm on the east and west and Chester Riggins Ave. and Church Ave, on the north and south.
- Roosevelt High School area – co-hosted by Every Neighborhood Partnership
This event will clean up the area near Roosevelt High School along Tulare Ave. between Cedar and Maple, and the neighborhoods and alleys north to the Illinois-Bend-McKenzie Avenues border.
- Lions Skate Park area – co-hosted by Americorps
This event will clean up the area around Lions Skate Park along Marks Ave. and Rialto Ave., and down the median on Emerson Ave. from Marks to Hughes.
- Airport District – co-hosted by Air National Guard 144th Fighter Wing
The event will clean up the industrial area east of Fresno Yosemite International Airport along Clovis Ave., Shields Ave., Argyle Ave., and Clinton Ave.
- Southwest Fresno tree planting – co-hosted by Tree Fresno
The event will plant 211 trees, funded by CalFire and High Speed Rail, at Green Valley Recycling. The site is just off Hwy 99 and the North Ave. exit. The facility is located under the newly constructed high-speed rail line, and the landscaping will ultimately include nearly 400 trees and other plants.
- Graffiti/Trash abatement near McKinley and Hwy 168 – co-hosted by the Fresno City College Fire Academy
This event will paint over 3,500 sq. ft. of graffiti along a wall at the bottom of the highway embankment just southeast of McKinley and Highway 168, along with removing trash on the service trail that runs along the bottom of the embankment (City graffiti crew will supervise.)
All events will take place simultaneously between 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Participants are invited to an outdoor celebration rally in the H Street parking lot, across from Chukchansi Park, from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. and will include food trucks, music and activities.
Beautify Fresno is hoping to attract over 800 volunteers. Interested volunteers can find out more about each event and sign up by visiting https://www.beautifyfresno.org/great-american-cleanup/. Every volunteer will get a free Beautify Fresno Great American Cleanup t-shirt.
Part of Earth Day Celebrations
The Keep America Beautiful Great American Cleanup(tm) (GAC) is one of the largest community service events in the nation. GAC takes place nationwide during the spring as part of Earth Day celebrations and prompts individuals to take greater responsibility for their local environment by conducting grassroots community service projects that engage volunteers, local businesses, and civic leaders.
Beautify Fresno will follow guidance from our national advisors at Keep America Beautiful, as well as all health and safety protocols from the CDC and the Fresno County Department of Public Health. Safety vests, paper pickers, gloves and trash bags, along with pre-packaged snacks and bottled water will be provided to volunteers.