Rocklin, Calif.- Staph Infection has been confirmed at Rocklin High School. An automated message was sent via phone from Rocklin school principals to parents of school age children. It was reported that a female student contracted Staph and was treated and released. She is currently at home undergoing antibiotic treatment
The following information has been posted to the Rocklin District website.
In an effort to be proactive towards combating the MSRA staph infection and for the general health of the staff and students through the winter season, the following items will be completed on a daily basis by the District’s custodial staff.
– All drinking fountains will be thoroughly disinfected at least once daily.
– All classroom counters, sinks and bubblers will be thoroughly disinfected daily.
– All door knobs and surrounding areas will be thoroughly disinfected daily.
– All locker rooms and showers in the locker rooms will be sprayed with a disinfectant on a daily basis.
– All bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
– Weight rooms and wrestling rooms will be disinfected twice daily.
– Buses will be disinfected daily.