Roseville, California ranks 8th out of the 200 largest cities in America
Roseville, Calif.- When the time comes for members of the American military to hang up their uniforms for good, they’ll inevitably face the same question anyone else asks themselves when nearing retirement: Where will I live?
This Veterans Day, many are looking to Roseville, named the 8th best city for military retirees in the U.S. by Smartasset.com.
Smartasset compared 200 of the largest cities in the U.S. across three categories of metrics.
Military Retirement Friendliness
- Percentage of the population who are veterans ages 65 and older.
- Retirement communities per 1,000 residents.
- Estimated senior tax burden. This estimates the income and sales tax burden for seniors.
Resources for Veterans
- VA health facilities per 100,000 veterans.
- VA benefits administration offices per 100,000 veterans.
- Median veteran income.
- Percentage of veterans living under the poverty line.
- August 2021 unemployment rate.
Roseville ranks fifth overall for military retirement friendliness. Veterans who are 65 and older comprise 3.32% of Roseville’s population.