With temperatures expected to reach triple digits again today, its important for Roseville Electric customers to conserve energy when possible. State officials expect the demand for energy to reach record breaking levels and if that is the case, they are warning there may be a need for rolling blackouts.
Roseville Electric is joining state officials by asking our customers to conserve electricity until 7 p.m. today by:
* Turning off unneeded lights, computers and appliances
* Setting air conditioner thermostats to 78 degrees or higher when at home and 85 degrees or off when away
* Use major appliances, such as dishwashers, washers and dryers, after 7 p.m.
Roseville Electric has a number of other tips to help you stay cool and reduce your energy bill
* Use the microwave
* Keep curtains and blinds closed during the day especially windows along the south and west side of your home
* Use the air dry setting on your dishwasher
* Replace or clean air conditioner filters once a month and shade the condenser
* Reduce pool filtering and sweeping to the lowest effective time period (check your operating manual). Set timers to avoid use from noon to 8 p.m.
For tips on how to stay cool and conserve energy, go to www.flexyourpower.org. For information about Californias energy status, including real time updates, visit the California ISO website at www.caiso.com.