Auburn, Calif.- Financial assistance grants for five community water supply projects were approved Thursday (May 7) by the Placer County Water Agency Board of Directors.
The five local projects share a total $141,000 made available through this year’s PCWA Financial Assistance Program. Since 1993, PCWA has granted more than $1.3 million to local water purveyors in Placer County.
The 2009 grants include:
- $35,000 to the Squaw Valley Public Service District to help the district fund installation of backup electrical power at a booster pump station.
- $10,000 to the Sierra Lakes County Water District on Donner Summit to help fund a water supply analysis project.
- $26,000 to the Foresthill Public Utility District for preparation of a water rate analysis and financing plan.
- $35,000 to the Tahoe City Public Utility District (TCPUD) and North Tahoe Public Utility District (NTPUD) for preparation of a consolidated master plan for public and private water systems in the Lake Tahoe area.
- $35,000 to the Northstar Community Service District to help fund a water meter replacement program.