Part 32 in our ongoing series highlighting the new California laws for 2013. This segment includes animal fighting, homosexual conversion , senior insurance, disability access and more.
The California Legislature passed over 800 new laws for California residents and business and this series breaks downs those laws into digestible portions to help keep residents better informed. Readers can stop by and quickly scan a segment of new laws to learn what may impact them. Links to the legislature’s full text of each new law will be also be included.
California’s New Laws for 2013 – Segment 32
- SB 1105 – Workers’ compensation, liens.
- SB 1107 – Automated License Data System, nonprofit conservation organizations.
- SB 1108 – English learners, reclassification.
- SB 1116 – California Pollution Control Financing Authority, Capital Access Loan Program.
- SB 1121 – Inmates, assessments.
- SB 1128 – Energy, alternative energy financing.
- SB 1131 – Public cemetery districts, interments.
- SB 1133 – Human trafficking.
- SB 1134 – Persons of unsound mind, psychotherapist duty to protect.
- SB 1140 – Marriage.
- SB 1144 – Crimes, public safety omnibus.
- SB 1145 – Animal fighting.
- SB 1148 – Fish and Game Commission, Department of Fish and Game.
- SB 1158 – Income taxes, administration.
- SB 1161 – Communications, Voice over Internet Protocol and Internet Protocol enabled communications service.
- SB 1162 – Animal control, tranquilizers.
- SB 1164 – Insurance.
- SB 1169 – Natural community conservation planning.
- SB 1170 – Senior insurance.
- SB 1171 – Maintenance of the codes.
- SB 1172 – California Gay Conversion Therapy Law. Outlaws homosexual conversion therapy, or reparative therapy, for kids and teens under 18.
- SB 1177 – Restitution for crime victims.
- SB 1186 – Disability access.
All of California’s Laws may be accessed via the State Legislature website.