Rocklin, Calif. – Five community members were recognized for their contributions toward ending domestic and sexual violence in Placer County with Stand Up Placer Leadership Awards, which were presented at the Stand Up and Dance! event on Saturday, February 8, at the Rocklin Event Center.
“These honorees have chosen to use their expertise to help thousands of local survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault to find remedies to their situations and to heal themselves and their families,” states Executive Director Michelle Coleman. “The impact of their involvement reaches beyond the present and helps to create a safer, healthier future for everyone in our community.”
- District Attorney R. Scott Owens received the award for Legal Advocacy. His commitment and efforts to help victims find justice and to prosecute offenders have helped to make Placer County a safer place for all.
- Stacy McCoy, Coordinator of the Placer County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), received the award for Medical Advocacy for her leadership of the multidisciplinary, countywide SART and her support of Sexual Assault victims in the courtroom as well as the exam room.
- U.S. Bank received the award for Corporate Advocacy for their committed partnership with Stand Up Placer and their provision of financial and human capitol in support of Stand Up Placer’s work addressing domestic and sexual violence in Placer County.
- The Placer County Community Advisory Board received the award for Community Advocacy. The board provided strategic resources that allowed Stand Up Placer to extend its outreach to Placer County Survivors in need of services.
- Lincoln resident Jeanette Patburg received the award for Volunteer Advocacy. She has served as a volunteer for Stand Up Placer over 5 years in a number of critical roles. Her donation of time and talents has changed the lives of countless Placer County Survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Stand Up Placer would like to thank the Premier sponsors who made Stand Up and Dance event possible: Sutter Health Sierra Sacramento Region and Future Ford Lincoln of Roseville. Additional Sponsors include Sierra Health Foundation, CAP Physican’s Insurance Group, and SureWest Foundation.
About Stand Up Placer
Stand Up Placer provides services to Placer County domestic violence and sexual assault survivors that help them to empower themselves as they heal from the trauma and create lives of strength and self sufficiency.