(Kirkwood Mountain Resort, Kirkwood, Calif.) Skiing Magazine readers recognized Kirkwood as one of the top resorts in the nation (November 2006). Ranked Overall as the 12th Resort in the Country, Kirkwood leads Lake Tahoe’s South Shore resorts with a top position. The resort also earned a spot in the magazine as a Top 5 Powder Stashes You Must Visit’ and #1 in California.’
These high rankings, along with Freeskier Magazine’s recent recognition of Kirkwood as a Top 5 resort in the Pacific Rim,’ solidify Kirkwood’s reputation as a premier destination resort.
‘We’re very proud of this recognition and it reflects on the people who have been here and what they’ve done,’ said Chip Seamans, general manager and chief operating officer for Kirkwood. Seamans joined the resort three months ago and is responsible to lead Kirkwood’s quest to become one of the premier regional destinations in North America. ‘I’m pleased at the opportunity to build on this momentum and take it to the next level. Our aim is to provide a memorable experience for each and every guest,’ continued Seamans.
Kirkwood has had a long history of appealing to the hearty winter enthusiast in search of an authentic ski resort. The resort continues to consistently rank among the nation’s best ski experiences across many prominent media outlets including USA Today, SKI Magazine and Transworld Snowboarding.
The resort’s ambitious master plan includes new chairlifts, terrain and lodges. ‘There are many projects going on here that will be coming to fruition in the next few years,’ continued Seamans.
For this winter season, there are a multitude of resort improvements including an improved ski/ride school facility, new lodge, increased expedition options, additional programs for women, expanded terrain parks and more.
‘We thank the readers for recognizing us; we know these magazines mean a lot to our core audience,’ stated Seamans.
A summation of recent accolades includes:
Skiing Magazine (November 2006)
· Overall #12 Resort in the Country
· Top 5 Powder Stashes you must visit; #1 in California
Freeskier Magazine (November 2006)
· Top 5 Ski resort in the Pacific Rim
SKI Magazine (April 2006)
· The country’s best corn’ or granular snow
SKI Magazine (October 2005)
· Ranked in the nation’s top 10 for Snow; Terrain Variety; and Challenge
· Ranked No. 13 in Value
Skiing Magazine (2005)
· Named as one of the top 15 resorts
· Named one of the top five for Snow Quality
· Named Kirkwood a ‘Must See Resort’
Freeskier Magazine (2005)
· Picked Kirkwood as a ‘Must Ski Resort’
Freeskier Magazine (2005)
In the top Road Trips
Transworld Snowboarding (2005)
· Ranked in the top 10 for Best Terrain; Best Snow Quality; Most Challenging; Best Vibe; and Best Food
Ski Press World (Winter 2005)
· Ranked in top five of Perfect Awards for Snow
USA Today (1998)
· Ranked as one of the top 10 places to Learn to Ski