News Archives

The Roseville Fire Department responded to a fire at the Marriott Residence Inn on Taylor Road at approximately 1 p.m. this afternoon.  When firefighters arrived they confirmed a fire had occurred in a room on the ground floor of the three story hotel.  A single fire sprinkler extinguished the fire, which was caused by an unattended candle.

Fire crews, under the command of Battalion Chief Jeff Carman, responded quickly checking for potential fire extension.  They worked diligently to minimize further water damage caused by the sprinkler system.  A total of four engines, one aerial ladder truck and one battalion chief responded to the initial alarm.

↬ Summer Fun Starts Here ↫

⤥ Summer Fun Starts Here ⤦

⤥ Summer Fun Starts Here ⤦

⤥ Summer Fun Starts Here ⤦

‘This fire had much potential due to the nature of the occupancy’, stated Fire Chief Ken Wagner.  ‘The fire sprinkler system had a significant and positive impact of the overall extent of fire damage.  There was little to no fire damage and the occupants evacuated safely’, Wagner continued.

An important lesson learned today is that extra caution must be exercised when using candles.  Never leave a candle unattended.  What appears to be an innocent action can lead to devastating results.  Today we were lucky.

Roseville Today is locally owned & community supported.
(21+ years strong)
Welcome to the brighter side!
Feature your Business & Events on the brighter side.
Get in front of local customers! 24/7 (365)
NO AFFILIATION to print or big media.