On Monday September 16, 2013 Detectives with the Rocklin Police Department Investigations Division received information regarding a possible inappropriate sexual relationship occurring between a former “walk-on” Assistant Track Coach from Rocklin High School and a 15 year old female student.
Based on information received from the victim the sexual relationship had been occurring for approximately one month, but a “sexting” relationship had been occurring for an undetermined amount of time through the use of smartphones. Inappropriate pictures of a sexual nature had been sent back and forth between both parties. The suspect sent, and asked for, pictures of a sexual nature to and from the victim.
The suspect, Mark Bevan, was arrested without incident in the early morning hours of September 17, 2003 at his residence in Auburn and was booked into Placer County Jail. He is being held on $100,000 bail, and the charges are as follows:
- 261.5(d) PC – Unlawful sexual intercourse
- 288a PC – Oral copulation
- 288.3 PC – Contact minor with the intent for sex
- 288.4 PC – Arrange a meeting with minor for sex
- 289(i) PC – Sexual penetration with a foreign object with minor
- 311.11 PC – Possession of obscene matter of a minor
Anyone with further information regarding these crimes is encouraged to call the Rocklin Police Department at 916-625-5400.
- Rocklin Police Dept