The Rocklin Police Department is alerting business owners about a series of commercial burglaries. While this slight increase in commercial burglaries does not represent an alarming increase, the police department believes in engaging our community to prevent crime and is encouraging businesses to partner with us to proactively address this recent crime pattern.
During the past six months, 18 reported commercial burglaries have occurred in the general area of Granite Drive, Sierra Meadows, Dominguez, and Pacific Street.
A variety of types of businesses have been targeted, and most of these crimes occurred between 11:00 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. during various days of the week and weekends. The methods of entry included smashing windows, prying traditional and roll-up type warehouse doors, cutting or climbing into enclosed fenced areas, and entering through unsecured doors and windows. Stolen items included cash from cash drawers, electronic gear, tools, hot tubs, metal, wire, and multiple laptop computers.
The Police Department is encouraging businesses to take the following precautions to harden targets, minimize losses, and provide suspect detection and identification:
- Install and use a professional grade security alarm system that is monitored by a reliable alarm company
- Install a good quality security surveillance system capable of capturing clear images during dark conditions
- Install folding metal security gates behind glass windows and glass doors that can be locked after hours
- Do not leave laptop computers and other valuables near glass windows and doors
- Empty and secure all cash drawers before closing your business
- Use interior slide latch bolts and good quality padlocks on all roll-up doors
- Remove or secure valuables left in fenced areas or business vehicles
The Rocklin Police Department offers businesses a free security inspection, a program offered by our Crime Prevention Unit. Please call Michael Nottoli at (916) 625-5416 to schedule your free business security inspection.
Help keep Rocklin safe and crime-free by remaining alert and reporting all suspicious activity, persons and vehicles immediately. For in-progress crimes of suspicious activity, call 9-1-1. For suspicious activity not-in-progress, call our business line at (916) 625-5400.
*Rocklin Police Dept