Father’s Day Ideas for Dad at Lake Tahoe
North Lake Tahoe, Calif. – Looking for a little adventure this Father’s Day? It’s a fact, every dad loves Lake Tahoe and it’s only a short drive from the Placer and Sacramento region.
Take advantage of Tahoe’s bright sunshine, warmer late spring day and have some fun this Father’s day.
Simple Ideas to Show Dad a Great Day
- Play Golf! Enjoy one of the region’s golf courses, including Incline Village Mountain Golf Course or Tahoe City Golf Course, which celebrates its centennial anniversary this season.
- Get on the lake: Experience new clear-bottom kayaks with Clearly Tahoe or Wild Society; or enjoy a kayak/SUP tour with Tahoe Adventure Company. For adrenaline seekers, rent a boat or jet ski at the Kings Beach Tahoe Aquatic Center.
- Take a hike: Enjoy wildflower hikes through lupine fields, including Eagle Falls or Marlette Lake. Hike or bike the 14 mile Flume Trail. Bike rentals and shuttle services are available at the Tunnel Creek Cafe.
- Grab some grub: Treat Dad to a lakefront lunch at Gar Woods, and enjoy the famous the “Wet Woody” cocktail. Or, catch the Farmers Market in Tahoe City.
- Enjoy a beer: Hop on the North Lake Tahoe Ale Trail -an interactive map that connects the lake’s best eateries/breweries with various modes of transportation. Or, grab a craft brew at Alibi Ale Works or Tahoe Mountain Brewing Co.
Short on time? Check out something a little closer to home in Placer County Travel.