BBQ Season is upon us! Well, it’s California, so it’s always a great time to fire up the grill.
In this installment, we’re featuring succulent BBQ sauce, a tasty addition to add to your outdoor cooking repertoire.
Fire up the Grill: Succulent BBQ Sauce
- Yield – 2 cups
- Prep Time – 10 minutes
- Cook Time – 30 minutes
- 1 bottle Raspberry Lemonade Sparkling ICE
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- One 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons scotch, whiskey, or bourbon (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Lightly sauté on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, ketchup, and mustard to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Pour 1 bottle Raspberry Lemonade Sparkling ICE to the saucepan and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add balsamic vinegar and liquid smoke. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Before you strain the sauce, mix in 3 tablespoons of your favorite scotch, whiskey, or bourbon (optional).
- Push sauce through a fine mesh strainer.