Auburn, Calif.- The Placer County Air Pollution Control District is now seeking applications for their annual Clean Air Grant program.
The goal of the Clean Air Grant program is to reduce criteria pollutant emissions, nitrogen oxide (NOx) and particulate matter (PM), from sources not already required by law or regulation to do so. This program is a proactive approach to help incentivize clean technologies and programs which ultimately provide the benefit of measurable and cost effective emission reductions.
Typical grant projects include the replacement of older heavy duty diesel equipment, such as loaders, forklifts, and tractors, with new cleaner burning equipment. When an old piece of equipment with a non-efficient engine is replaced with a new clean burning version, there can be measurable emission reductions for years to come. Other projects include the supporting of programs which provide alternatives to open burning in an effort to maintain forested lands and which help reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfire.
There are seven different grant project categories that individuals can choose to apply under.
- Heavy duty diesel equipment modernizations and repowers not already required by State regulations within the next four years
- Alternative fuel infrastructure
- New or expanding transit service
- Public education and outreach related to air quality
- Diesel to electric agriculture pump repowers
- Innovative forest management practices that reduce open burning
- An “Other” category which provides opportunities for individuals to submit an application which does not fit into the first six categories, yet still meets the requirements of the program.
This is a competitive grant program and cost effectivity will be critical in determining project funding. Cost-effectivity will be based on NOx and PM emission reductions. Project eligibility requires that projects operate at least 75% of the time within Placer County, and applicants awarded a grant are expected to contribute at least 20% of the total project cost.
We have NO AFFILIATION with print, politics or corporate media.
(20+ Years Strong!)