Rocklin & Roseville Today Events
- This event has passed.
Postponed: Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off
March 20, 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Proceeds to Benefit Point Break School Intervention Programs
ROSEVILLE – More than 20 local community leaders will put on their chefs’ aprons and go head-to-head in a special chili cook-off to benefit a local anti-bullying program for middle and high schools.
The 2020 Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-Off has been postponed. at the Maidu Community Center, featuring great chili, cornbread, desserts, auction and raffle prizes.
The chefs will include Placer County Supervisors Bonnie Gore and Kirk Uhler, Roseville Vice Mayor Krista Bernasconi, Roseville Councilmember Scott Alvord and Bruce Houdesheldt, Sierra College Trustee Carol Garcia, Assemblyman Kevin Kiley, longtime TV/radio personality Paul Robins, Roseville City School District Superintendent Derk Garcia, Roseville Joint Union High School District Trustees Julie Hirota and Andrew Tagg and many more.
Proceeds will benefit local schools that will have the opportunity to participate in a Point Break Anti Bullying Workshop.
Anti Bullying Efforts
“We greatly appreciate the support we’ve received from the community over many years,” said Dan Palmer, Executive Director of the anti-bullying campaign Point Break. “Today, more than ever, we need to reach as many students as possible. “
“When bullying occurs, not only does it have devastating long term effects on children as they grow older but we believe we can make a big difference in stopping such destructive behavior before they harm themselves or others.”Dan Palmer, Executive Director of Point Break
Tickets are $25 each and can be purchased at www.RosevilleChili.com, calling (916) 857-0660 or visiting us on Facebook at 2020 Roseville Celebrity Chili Cook-off. There is no cost for children 8 and under to attend.
The event would not be possible without the generous support of sponsors. Our lead sponsors this year are: Second Core Foundation; Westpark Communities; JL Construction; and John & Marlena Sprague.
Other sponsors are:
Habañero Pepper sponsors: Marques Pipeline and Lund Construction. Serrano Pepper sponsors: Windermere Real Estate; Wildlands; Teichert Construction; Jeff & Tiffany Jones; Auburn Constructors; Sutter Health Foundation; Tri Point Homes; The Canel Companies; DeSilva Gates Construction; SunRidge/Coldwell Banker.
- Defending champion Tyler Mentink of Playing with Fire: Private Cooking Events
- Roseville Vice Mayor Krista Bernasconi
- Roseville Councilmember Scott Alvord
- Roseville Councilmember Bruce Houdesheldt
- Placer County Supervisor Bonnie Gore
- Placer County Supervisor Kirk Uhler
- Superintendent Derk Garcia, Roseville City School District
- Roseville Joint Union High School District Trustee Andrew Tagg
- Roseville Joint Union High School District Trustee Julie Hirota
- Assemblyman Kevin Kiley
- Roseville City Manager Dominick Casey
- TV/radio personality Paul Robins
- Nick Brooks of Sunridge Real Estate/Coldwell Banker
- Sierra College Trustee Carol Garcia
- Roseville Planning Commissioner Justin Caporusso
- Ed Kaczmarek of William Jessup University
- Adelante High School Principal Amy Lloyd
- Tracy Mendonsa of T-Bone’s BBQ
- Placer County Clerk/Recorder Ryan Ronco
- Cameron Pedicord, Eich Middle School Campus Life
Single Featured Events
$29.95 per event
(Highlighted & Featured)
For events running up to 3 consecutive days
Long description, website link, ticket link, 2 photos, Google Map link. Featured on homepage and social media.
>> Get Started Here
$69.95 per event
For weekly or monthly events up to one full year. Includes everything in single events package with up to one year recurrence.
>> Get Started Here
Get extra exposure with expansive feature coverage for your business or event. Includes site-wide features and social media promos from weeks to months leading up to the day of your event. These slots often fill quickly and are based upon availability.
Advance scheduling is strongly recommended.
>> Contact Us